Friday, February 6, 2015

Today was a good day

I don't seem to have a lot of good days, but today was one of them.  I went today to fill out my new hire paperwork for my new job and to go through orientation.  I will be working as Direct Support Staff for Alternative Opportunities Community Services.  I will be working for people with developmental disabilities.  I've done this type of work before and really enjoyed it so I'm super excited to be getting back into it.  I got to meet two of the clients today and they are wonderful and I can't wait to work with them.  Everyone there seems so friendly and down to earth so I think I will fit right in.  Before going to my orientation, my dad and I went to find me a car to get me back and forth to work since I live 30 miles away.  I had limited funds, using mostly my financial aid refund from school.  But I was able to find a 1998 Chevy Lumina for only $1200!!   Now it's no beauty, but it runs and if I maintain it properly, it should last me a while.  I'm just excited to have that independence and freedom back!  The worst thing in the world is to have to depend on others to take you here and there and to have to work around other peoples schedules.  Well that's all behind me now.  So now you see why today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment