Sunday, February 1, 2015

I Believe that love isn't all you need.

I know most people are familiar with the famous Beatles song, "Love is all you need".  Well I'm here to tell you that love isn't always all you need.  I was married.  Note I said "was".  I divorced in April of 2014.  We were married in November of 2012.  Yes, do the math, it was a very short marriage.  I can tell you right now, I loved my husband.  And, yes, I think he loved me, at least in his own way.  Unfortunately, love wasn't enough to make our marriage work.  My husband was also controlling, and possessive, and could be abusive at times, but I loved him.  And yet no matter how much I loved him, we couldn't make it work.  I suggested counseling, a trial separation, anything to make things work, but he would have no part in it.  So I finally had to decide which was more important to me, my love for him, or my love for myself.  Out of self preservation, I left with my things, (which wasn't much) and am starting over.  That was my only marriage.  I avoided marriage because everyone I knew was divorced and I didn't want to be them.  Yet here I am, 40, divorced, no house, no car, nothing but a broken heart and shattered esteem.  I am rebuilding myself and my life now.  Maybe love is all I need, from myself, not from others. 235 words

No comments:

Post a Comment