Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New Possibilities

Today I had a job interview.  It's not like I haven't had a million of them in my 40 years, but this one was different.  The difference was that I haven't worked in five years.  I had an accident back in 2010, where I fell off a ladder.  I spent many years thinking I was going to be disabled and never going to be able to work again.  A few months ago a lovely man, named Dr Kunkel, changed all of that for me.  He was the first doctor I had seen for my back pain who didn't just shove pain medicine at me and push me out the door.  He actually listened to me, ordered tests, and began doing injections.  Not all of the injections worked, but once he found that sweet spot, oh the relief I have felt!  I have been walking in my neighborhood.  I'm thinking about getting a bike.  I am almost as active as I was before my accident.  And now, I am applying for jobs and going on interviews so I can get back out there in the workforce!  This feeling is more incredible than I can describe.  I thought I was doomed to a life of disability and pain.  So you see, this interview was more than just an interview, it's the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life, and I'm running with it full steam ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment