Thursday, February 5, 2015

Another year older, another year wiser

Happy birthday to me!  Yes, today is my birthday which marks my 41st year on this planet.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about turning 41.  On one hand, it makes me sad.  I am now officially IN my 40's!  There's no turning back.  But on the other hand, I'm in my 40's, and damn I look good!  For once in 30 years, I have no one to take care of but myself.  I am free to be myself, make my wants and needs a priority, and to truly be selfish for once!  I feel like a mature middle aged woman in some respects, but in others, I feel like I'm in my 20's still and can still make outlandish choices and mistakes and still be okay.  I'm loving life right now.  I have 41 years of wisdom in me, and hopefully another 41 years of childish mistakes from which to learn.  So here's to another four decades of laughter and love, hurts and tears.  For I'm only going to come out better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment